Kid Sense is the longest continually owned private provider of Occupational Therapy services in Adelaide, South Australia. The founder of Kid Sense, Joanna Buttfield, created the centres to positively impact the lives of as many children as possible. This passion is seen throughout the Kid Sense team, which includes Speech Therapists as well.
Reasons to choose Kid Sense:
- Minimum waiting times – all our therapists work full-time and we are extremely well resourced. This means minimum or no waiting times.
- NDIS expertise – Kid Sense was one of the earliest providers to register for the NDIS and has helped hundreds of parents navigate their way through the funding regulations.
- Purpose-built centres – with safe and convenient on-site parking and state-of-the-art resources, our excellent onsite facilities ensure your child is seen in the best environment possible. Most centres have close proximity to shops and playgrounds as well.
- Highly qualified staff – all of our staff are full-time, registered with their Professional Body and have Police Clearances. We are passionate about improving the lives of all the children we see.
- Continuity of care – the therapist who assesses your child also provides you with ongoing care. This continuity is proven to get better results.
- Personalised reports and feedback – full reports are provided after your Assessment as well as a phone call to your child’s kindy/school, and personalised programs are provided after each treatment session to continue recommended strategies at home, school, kindy or child care.
- Funding support – as well as being an NDIS provider, our team are approved providers of all Medicare plans. ‘On the spot’ processing of Private Health fund claims is facilitated through HICAPS.
- Family-friendly waiting lounge – our centres provides a comfortable guest lounge, with a well-equipped play room; access to coffee and spring water and safety gates at all access points to maximise child safety.
- Visual cues – to support child orientation and familiarisation, all our therapists wear uniforms and all treatment rooms are colour coded.
- Complimentary reminders – all clients receive a complimentary SMS reminder 2 days before their scheduled appointment to reduce the likelihood of failing to attend a valuable appointment.
- Scheduling appointments – NDIS clients can schedule the same appointment time for long periods (where availability exists) to ensure a consistent treatment time. Where the preferred time is not available, our team actively use the waitlist and provide alternative times to help meet clients’ short term appointment needs whilst they are waiting to secure the preferred appointment time in the longer term.