COVID 19 Policy
Kid Sense is committed to ensuring the health and well-being of the Kid Sense community (clients, their families and our staff team) by following COVID Safe practices.
As such, Kid Sense follows the SA Health recommendations.
COVID Policy Summary
In the face of the ongoing COVID pandemic, please be assured that as Kid Sense staff are wearing suitable PPE we can deliver face-to-face therapy to children who are:
- vaccinated or unvaccinated (*no requirement for clients to declare vaccination status)
- classroom contacts (and are thus required to monitor for symptoms)
When providing care for clients
- Masks are mandatory for entry (even for those with an exemption)
- Standard COVID Safe practices apply (social distancing, hand hygiene)
- All staff wear the recommended PPE (Masks and eye protection)
- All staff are regulated to have their COVID Booster
Kid Sense is not able to treat face-to-face (but is happy to provide tele-therapy) if your child:
- has symptoms of Covid
- is waiting on the results of a PCR test (due to suspected COVID illness) or
- is a household (not classroom) contact of someone with COVID (and are therefore required to isolated for seven days).
Classroom Contact Policy:
Kid Sense are well prepared to treat children who are knowingly classroom contacts, whilst making appropriate adjustments in the child’s management.
Clients are asked to simply call ahead and advise Kid Sense that their children have been identified as classroom contacts. With this knowledge, our team will meet them at the external door to the clinic to prevent them mixing in the waiting room, and will then deliver them straight back to the external clinic door following the session.
Kid Sense acknowledges that the SA Health recommendations do not align clearly with the Education Department guidelines around classroom contacts, and that parents are receiving conflicting information, even within the school setting, about how to proceed if their child is deemed a classroom contact.
In this case, parents are simply encouraged to make the choice they believe appropriate.
The current COVID management policy (which follows SA Health) is as follows:
CHILDREN (whether vaccinated or not)
- All children can attend face to face appointments while our staff wear the PPE (P2/N95 masks and goggles/face shields) and following standard COVID policies (e.g. social distancing, using hand sanitizer, regular cleaning etc)
- We will also continue providing Tele-therapy as an option to all clients
- In order to maintain social distancing for young children (or those who have difficulty following this convention) the child’s attending adult may be asked to provide the hand-on-hand assistance that the therapist might ordinarily provide
- Children of attending adults choosing not to attend on site (or unable to as they are unable to wear masks) can be ‘handed over’ to the therapists at the clinic entry point before the appointment, and then ‘handed over’ to adults following the appointment at the designated exit point.
- One adult only to attend appointments (for the safety of all, please do not bring other children)
- Vaccination status is notrequired to be declared
- Masks are mandatory for entry (irrespective of exemption)
- Adults must adhere to COVID safe policies (g. social distancing hand hygiene)
- Clients are asked to limit the time they spend in the clinic waiting room
- Where possible attending adults are encouraged to wait outside the clinic
Have COVID or in self isolation?
We will happily convert any clinic based appointment to Tele-Therapy, even on the day on the scheduled appt.
The health and safety of the Kid Sense Community is our greatest priority. Please contact our team on 8272-7522 if you have any questions or concerns.
For more detailed COVID information click here