Is your child ready for kindy?
Wow! It felt like only yesterday that they were learning to walk and now they’re of to kindy! Where did that little toddler disappear to?
What is an exciting time can also be stressful. You may find themselves asking if your child is ready for a big change into a new environment.
For some children, kindy may be the first time parents and teachers notice that their child is not able to do the same things as others.
You may notice:
- Your child doesn’t seem to be able to follow instructions.
- They don’t organise their belongings like other children.
- They’re not as easy to understand as other kids.
- People are often asking them to repeat what they said.
- Perhaps they are finding it hard to play with the other kids.
- They have difficulties identifying and managing their feelings or the feelings of others.
If you are worried that your child is not ready for kindy, starting to work with a professional to target areas that are tricky is important. By the time kindy starts, and a teacher recommends coming to see a Speech Pathologist or Occupational Therapist, valuable months will have gone by in which therapy could have started.
Parents often tell us they had a ‘feeling’ something wasn’t right. Trust yourself and book an assessment if you are concerned.
Call Kid Sense today on 1800 KIDSENSE (1800 543 736) and let’s get the conversation started!